Farnborough Sixth Form College Farnborough is one of Britain's top sixth form colleges.
This new Arts and Science Block building has a total floor area of approximately 3,000m² spanning three storeys and a roof top plant room. The building incorporates sustainable design which minimises energy consumption and maximises the use of natural daylight, ventilation, and night time cooling.
To achieve the desired effects within the building Colt used a variety of solutions:
- Automatically controlled window actuators to provide through put ventilation for the front foyer and corridors via high level glazed smoke and heat extract ventilators
- Fixed solar shading on the South facing facade
- High and low level window actuators linked to CO and temperature sensors with a maximum opening of 100mm.
- Roof top double bank louvre turrets with internal controllable dampers to regulate the flow of air and eliminate rain entry.
- Colt Kameleon glazed smoke and heat extract units to provide ventilation for the main corridors.
- The central hub of any multi-mode system, the Colt ICS 4 Link control system. Linking to the main Building Management system, the Colt ICS 4 link controls the natural ventilation system and all 200 window actuators. It is also linked into external rain sensors and internal smoke, temperature and CO sensors.