Jetstream is an impulse fan designed for the ventilation of car parks and underground service areas, so as both to reduce levels of polluted air and to assist with the extraction of smoke in the event of a fire.
The fans use tunnel ventilation technology to eliminate the need for costly and bulky ductwork. Compared to ductwork systems, this may save car-parking spaces, reduce running costs and noise, and make the car park a lighter, less cluttered environment.
Features and benefits
- Wide variety of product options
- Certified performance
- Durable construction
- Low maintenance
CIBSE Guide Volume A: 1999, Environmental Design, sets out a recommended maximum noise level of NR55 in car parks. Colt car park systems can be designed to achieve these noise levels if required.
The complete unit, including isolator, is rated at 300°C for 60 minutes, Class F300 to EN 12101-3 (2002). Jetstream is fully UKCA and CE marked.
- Performance / electrical characteristics
- Fire performance
Each car park is different and Colt will provide a scheme design to suit the exact requirements of the project. Colt car park ventilation systems can include one or more of the following elements:
- Natural inlet through the entrance/exit ramps/fixed ventilation louvres.
- Extract by a ducted system with dual fans discharging to atmosphere.
- Air distribution and mixing within the car park by a network of Cyclone induction fans or Jetstream impulse fans.
As part of a designed scheme involving detection, controls and extract units, Jetstream adds momentum to the air to thrust it towards an extract point.
In general, for day to day operation the control system monitors the levels of pollutants within the car park and once a set point has been reached the system increases the ventilation rates. In a fire situation, once a signal from the fire alarm has been received, ventilation rates are increased.
Wide variety of product options – Two non-flanged and three flanged versions to choose from, both unidirectional and reversible. The fan is suitable for either two speed or variable speed operation, depending on the application. Where the unit is inverter (variably) controlled, the amount of power consumed is reduced.
Certified performance - Jetstream has been exhaustively tested and certified to EN 12101-3 in accredited third party test laboratories and is UKCA & CE marked.
Durable construction – Jetstream is manufactured from hot dipped galvanized casing with the option of a polyester powder coating to any RAL colour. Jetstream is manufactured to the ISO 9001 quality standard.
Low maintenance – With the additional advantage that there is no ductwork to clean.
High velocity powered car park induction ventilation unit, for directing exhaust fumes (in day to day mode) and smoke in a controlled manner towards the main extract positions of a car park or underground service area.
Comprising an axial fan with inlet and discharge attenuators with outlet diffusers enabling flush fit with the underside of the car park ceiling.
- Type 315J - 315mm diameter fan (uni-directional)
- Type 315J - 315mm diameter fan (reversible)
- Type 400J - 400mm diameter fan (uni-directional)
- Type 400J - 400mm diameter fan (reversible)
Performance / electrical characteristics
- Single speed DOL motor suitable for inverter speed control, IP55 protection
- Two speed tap wound motor (full and half speed), IP55 protection
Motors supplied as standard with a IP65 lockable fire rated isolator or optionally with a fitted IP55 terminal box.
- Pre-galvanised sheet (standard)
- Polyester powder coating to any RAL colour
- F300 - continuous operation for one hour at 300ºC