Natural cooling and ventilation system which operates according to the principle of evaporative cooling.
CoolStream S ventilates or cools as needed. In ventilation mode the system provides fresh outdoor air. On warmer days when pure ventilation is no longer sufficient the unit switches to evaporative cooling. The air temperature is then reduced via the process of evaporative cooling.
To avoid calcification, the water is changed regularly. This is done in the background, so that there is no interruption to the cooling process. The 150 mm thick high-efficiency desorption medium ensures that an evaporative saturation level of up to 90% is achieved. At the end of each day, the water is automatically emptied and the medium dried, so that the highest levels of hygiene are guaranteed.
Features & Benefits
- The system consists of a corrosion-resistant aluminium housing with a powder coated water reservoir. All connections are either aluminium, stainless steel, die-cast zinc and nylon
- Highest levels of hygiene: water management, drip-free supply air and trouble-free operation ensure complete compliance with VDI 6022 ("Hygiene requirements for ventilation and air-conditioning units")
- Only 100% outdoor air is used; no used air is re-used
- Optional integrated damper for the CoolStream S ensures that no warm air can escape in winter
- A CoolStream S unit can weigh as little as 150 kg (in its smallest version), thereby enabling it to be easily installed onto any kind of roof
- Evaporative cooling is four to seven times more efficient than conventional air conditioning
- Integrated water quality system, safe circulation, temperature control and regular renewal of the circulating water. Salt deposits and the multiplication of germs are reliably prevented
- Fully automatic control for up to 16 devices in one system with Colt Cortiva control or a customized control solution thanks to external control with the Colt Plexus control
In the classic version, the CoolStream S is installed on the roof with a bottom duct connection. The cooled supply air is introduced into the room using the Coltair ventilation system. A side duct connection is typically used when the unit is installed next to a building. If the unit is placed on the floor, the supply air is first conveyed upwards. In this instance a top duct connection is used.
For applications with low pressure drops, particularly quiet axial fans are available, while centrifugal fans are also suitable for higher filter classes and external pressures. Only premium EC fans are used in CoolStream systems:
- Variable speed, electronically controlled, reverse polarity, protection against blocking and over-temperature, passive PFC, motor current limit, soft-start, under-voltage and phase failure detection, fault analysis and automatic supply, auto changeover if there’s a fan failure.
- Available in eight sizes: 4x centrifugal and 4x axial (from 12,000 to over 30,000 m³/h)
- Axial: quiet axial fans, suitable for applications with low pressure loss.
- Centrifugal: suitable for higher filter classes and higher external pressures.
The following fan types are available:
- 12A: The unit has a continuously variable axial EC fan and delivers up to 12000 m³/h at 50 Pa external pressure.
- 12C: The unit has a continuously variable centrifugal EC fan and delivers up to 12000 m³/h at 400 Pa external pressure.
- 16C: The unit has a continuously variable centrifugal EC fan and delivers up to 16000 m³/h at 400 Pa external pressure.
- 17A: The unit has a continuously variable axial EC fan and delivers up to 17000 m³/h at 50 Pa external pressure.
- 22A: The unit has a continuously variable axial EC fan and delivers up to 22000 m³/h at 50 Pa external pressure.
- 23C: The unit has three variable centrifugal EC fans and provides up to 23000 m³/h at 400 Pa external pressure. Auto changeover if there is fan failure.
- 29C: The unit has four variable centrifugal EC fans and provides up to 29000 m³/h at 400 Pa external pressure. Auto changeover if there is fan failure.
- 30A: The unit has a continuously variable axial EC fan and delivers up to 30000 m³/h at 50 Pa external pressure.
There are M, L or XL size housings which are selected to match the connection variant and fan.
Optional outdoor air filter
- Filter /X: Without outdoor air filter
- Filter /A: ISO 16890 Coarse 70%
- Filter /B: ISO 16890 ePM10 75%
- Filter /C: ISO 16890 ePM1 55%
Optional supply air damper
With a CoolStream S, a supply air damper is available as an option. The supply air damper is either integrated into the unit or provided by the customer, with control being provided by the CoolStream S.
Integrated supply air damper:
- The integrated supply air damper automatically closes when the fan is not running, so that no warm indoor air escapes and vice versa no cold air can come in.
External supply air damper:
- The external supply air damper is used if the unit cannot be manufactured with a built-in damper due to the size and duct configuration, or if other reasons require a third-party damper such as special airtightness requirements.
The optional VDI 6022 package includes a sight glass, a filter gauge and LED lighting.
IP rating and protection class
- IP54 rating (to EN 60529)
- Protection class 1 (to EN 61140)
- Colt Cortiva control: fully automatic operation for up to 16 units. Smart control via PC, Laptop or tablet and smartphone.
- Colt Plexus control: With Plexus integrated into the unit and a preferred external control, you get a tailor-made control solution.
- Option /EU: 380-415V / 50 Hz / 3~ + N + PE
- Option /SA: 380-415V / 50-60 Hz / 3~ + N + PE
- Option /US: 440-480V / 60 Hz / 3~ + PE