Colt Universal Louvre - 1UL
Universal Louvre - Single Bank fixed metal external louvre system suitable for screening and cladding applications.
Colt 1UL, Universal Louvre, is a roll-formed single (1UL) bank system, used for screening and/or ventilation. It is commonly used as a roof screen louvre of HVAC plant but can also be used for other screening applications where high levels of rain defence are not required.
Colt 1UL is available with 50mm blade pitch (shallow) or 100mm blade pitch (deep) for maximum flexibility.
1UL is a single bank louvre system designed for screening or cladding applications when rain defence is not of primary importance. Where rain defence is needed, we recommend the use of either 2UL or 3UL.
Features and benefits
- Highly aerodynamically efficient
- 50mm & 100mm blade pitch
- Durable and maintenance free
- Proven performance
- Easy to install
- A wide range of finishes available
- Universal Louvre 1UL/SH - class 2 coefficient class to EN 13030
- For data on DH (deep) versions, please contact Colt.
Rain defence performance (to EN 13030)
Class C at zero suction, Class D at all velocities.
Single bank louvres are ideally applied in sheltered locations or where rain penetration may be acceptable.
- Tested to EN 13030 : 2001
The Colt UL system has been independently tested by BSRIA to EN 13030
Certification & Testing
Colt Universal Louvres are independently tested to EN 13030 : 2001
EN 13030 is not a harmonised standard and as such there is no requirement to CE mark the product nor can one be applied.
Highly aerodynamically efficient – this reduces air resistance, allowing the plant and the aperture to be minimised thereby saving running costs.
Durable and maintenance free – UL is completely made from corrosion resistant materials.
Thermal expansion of the louvres accommodated by clipping system – the louvres are clipped (and not riveted or screwed) to structural supporting mullions allowing movement due to thermal expansion without causing stress or deformation.
Proven performance - UL has been independently tested by BSRIA to EN 13030
Easy to install – UL can either be delivered to site pre-assembled or as a kit of parts. Larger panels are delivered to site in breakdown.
A wide range of options - it is available in various shapes, configurations, materials, finishes and coatings to meet the requirements of almost any project.
Louvres are roll-formed; either mill finish, polyester powder painted or anodised; Special finishes e.g. perforated or embossed can be supplied on larger projects.
Louvre panels can incorporate mitred corners, special shapes and louvre doors. Colt also has a range of turret units.
If noise reduction is required, acoustic louvre panels may be used.
- Universal Louvre 1UL/S - Single bank shallow section, front louvres at 50mm pitch
- Universal Louvre 1UL/D - Single bank deep section, front louvres at 100mm pitch
- Horizontal inverted
- Mild steel
- Stainless steel
Colours / finishes options
- Mill aluminium
- Anodised aluminium
- Polyester powder coated to a RAL colour, list of colours upon request
- Aluminium bird guard
- Galvanised steel bird guard
- Aluminium fly guard
- Stainless steel insect mesh
- Single skin aluminium panel, mill finish
- Single skin aluminium panel with external decorative polyester powder paint finish to match louvres
- Insulated panel
- Combined with CALM system to provide attenuated ventilation
- Doors - Single / Double leaf
- Roof turret unit(s)