Double bank (2UL) Universal Louvre fixed metal ventilation louvre system.
Colt 2UL Universal Louvre is a roll-formed double bank system, used for screening and/or ventilation. It is very often used as plant room louvre, or indeed anywhere where plant needs to be covered up, but ventilation is still required. 2UL provides high airflow performance with a good degree of rain defence.
Features and benefits
- Highly aerodynamically efficient
- Enhanced rain defence performance
- Durable and maintenance free
- Thermal expansion of the louvres is accommodated within the design of the product
- Proven performance
- Easy to install
- A wide range of options
- Universal Louvre 2UL/SH - achieves coefficient class 3 in accordance with EN 13030 - Ce = 0.22 (no bird guard)
- For data on DH (deep) versions, please contact Colt.
Rain defence performance (to HEVAC 4th Edition)
- Class A - up to 0.5m/s suction velocity (with bird guard)
- Class B - up to 1.0m/s suction velocity (with bird guard)
- Class C - up to 1.5m/s suction velocity (with bird guard)
- Class D - up to 2.0m/s suction velocity (with bird guard)
Double bank louvres provide high airflow performance with a good degree of rain defence.
- Tested to EN 13030 : 2001
- System Types
- Colours/finishes options
- Paint coverage
- Blanking panels
- Noise control
EN 13030 is not a harmonised standard and so CE marking is not a requirement nor can the product be CE marked.
Highly aerodynamically efficient – resulting in lower pressure drop, allowing the opening in the building to be minimised thus saving installation costs. Lower pressure drop also reduces energy consumed by ventilation fans so minimising running costs.
Enhanced rain defence performance - Unlike other louvre types, Colt 2UL and 3UL panels have efficient drainage paths built in to their hollow section mullions, which in practice further increases their rain defence effectiveness.
Durable and maintenance free – UL is manufactured from corrosion resistant materials.
Thermal expansion accommodated within design – the louvres are clipped (and not riveted or screwed) to structural supporting mullions.
Proven performance - UL has been independently tested to EN13030 : 2001
Easy to install – UL can either be delivered to site pre-assembled (panels up to 6 sqm) or assembled on site.
A wide range of options - it is available in various shapes, configurations, materials, finishes and coatings to meet the requirements of almost any project.
Louvres are roll-formed and can be supplied either mill finish, polyester powder painted or anodised; plain, perforated or embossed.
Louvre panels can incorporate mitred corners, special shapes and louvre doors. Colt also has a range of turret units.
If noise reduction is required, acoustic louvre panels may be used.
- Universal Louvre 2UL/SH - Double bank shallow section, front louvres at 50mm pitch
- Universal Louvre 2UL/DH - Double bank deep section, front louvres at 100mm pitch
- Horizontal inverted
- Mild steel
- Stainless steel
- Mill aluminium
- Anodised aluminium
- Polyester powder coated to a RAL colour, list of colours upon request
- None - mill finish
- Aluminium bird guard
- Galvanised steel bird guard
- Stainless steel bird guard
- Insect mesh
- Single skin aluminium panel, mill finish
- Single skin aluminium panel with external decorative polyester powder paint finish to match louvres
- Insulated panel
- Can be integrated with Colt Acoustic Louvre Module (CALM) if attenuation is required
- Doors - Single and double, outward opening
- Turret unit(s)