Triple bank Universal Louvre fixed metal weather louvre system
Colt 3UL Universal Louvre is a roll-formed triple bank louvre system designed for applications requiring ventilation with the maximum degree of rain defence.
Features and benefits
- Highly aerodynamically efficient
- Enhanced rain defence performance
- Durable and maintenance free
- Thermal expansion of the louvres is accommodated by the design
- Proven performance
- Easy to install
- A wide range of options
Aerodynamic performance (to EN 13030)
- Universal Louvre 3UL/SH - achieves coefficient class 4 in accordance with EN13030. Ce = 0.196 (no bird guard).
- For data on 3UL/DH (deep) versions, please contact Colt.
Rain defence performance (to EN 13030)
Class A - up to 2.5m/s suction velocity (no bird guard)
Class B - up to 2.5m/s suction velocity (with bird guard)
Class C - up to 3.0m/s suction velocity
Class D - 2.5m/s suction velocity
Triple bank louvres offer maximum rain defence.
For data on DH (deep) versions, please contact Colt.
Tested, independently, to EN 13030 : 2001
Highly aerodynamically efficient – this reduces pressure drop, allowing the building opening to be minimised thereby saving installation costs. Reduced pressure drop also minimises energy consumed by ventilation fans.
Enhanced rain defence performance - 3UL has high resistance to rain ingress. Unlike other louvre types, 3UL panels have efficient drainage paths integrated into their hollow section mullions, which in practice further increases their rain defence effectiveness.
Durable and maintenance free – UL is made from corrosion resistant materials.
Thermal expansion of the louvres is accommodated by the design – the louvres are clipped (and not riveted or screwed) to structural supporting mullions.
Proven performance - UL has been tested to EN13030 : 2001.
Easy to install – UL can either be delivered to site pre-assembled (panels up to 6 sqm) or assembled on site.
A wide range of options - available in various shapes, configurations, materials, finishes and coatings to meet the requirements of almost any project.
Louvres are roll-formed; either mill finish, polyester powder painted or anodised; plain, perforated or embossed.
Louvre panels can incorporate mitred corners, special shapes and louvre doors. Colt also has a range of turret units.
If noise reduction is required, acoustic louvre panels may be used.
- Universal Louvre 3UL/SH - Triple bank shallow section, front louvres at 50mm pitch
- Universal Louvre 3UL/DH - Triple bank deep section, front louvres at 100mm pitch
- Horizontal inverted
- Mild steel
- Stainless steel
Colours/ finishes options
- Mill aluminium
- Anodised aluminium
- Polyester powder coated to a RAL colour, list of colours upon request
- Not relevant
- Aluminium bird guard
- Galvanised steel bird guard
- Stainless steel bird guard
- Insect mesh
- Single skin aluminium panel, mill finish
- Single skin aluminium panel with external decorative polyester powder paint finish to match louvres
- Insulated panel
- Where attenuation is required 3UL can be integrated with the Colt Acoustic Louvre Module (CALM).
- Doors - single / double, outward opening
- Turret unit(s)