Natural flap ventilator designed for automatic smoke extraction, rain-proof day-to-day ventilation and for daylight entry.
Certified according to EN 12101-2 and VdS-approved, Apollo ATI is a natural smoke and heat extraction ventilator which is primarily used in industrial, commercial and municipal buildings.
It is manufactured completely from high quality components. Its principal component is corrosion-resistant aluminium. The unit has EPDM seals set into profiles which run horizontally right round the base, and which ensure low air permeability. This precludes the risk of the seals being ripped out when the ventilator opens.
Its high quality and low maintenance design makes it particularly energy-efficient.
Hinges are made of thick stainless steel specially developed for the ventilator. These ensure that the unit functions safely and correctly. The control channels are made from extruded aluminium. The rain channels are aerodynamic in shape.
Features and benefits
- Weather-resistant ventilation – side dampers and wind deflectors provide aerodynamically efficient ventilation in bad weather
- Well suited to every kind of installation scenario
- Very good performance classes according to EN 12101-2
- Very low U value
- Manufactured in accordance with the requirements of ISO 9001 (quality management standard)
- High volume smoke extract
- Can either illuminate or blackout the interior of the building
- Available up to a maximum width x length of 1900 x 3000 mm (in mm increments)
- Robust design
- Low installation costs
- A wide range of colours
Rain entry? That’s not an issue for the Apollo ATI
Side dampers are integrated into the Apollo ATI body which can be opened for rain-proof day-to-day ventilation. Aerodynamically shaped vanes prevent the penetration of rainwater, while at the same time allowing ventilation. Side profiles direct this water away from the ventilator onto the roof.
- Unit width: from 1000 mm to 1900 mm (in mm increments)
- Unit length: from 1000 mm to 3000 mm (in mm increments)
Available in many different sizes and base types which makes it easy to fix it onto upstand or into most types of roofs.
Lightweight components reduce installation costs.
Either a single-skin base or a double-skin base with insulation.
The Apollo ATI ventilator flaps have either insulated aluminium panels or various kinds of polycarbonate multi-wall sheets and are clamped in frames made of extruded aluminium profiles. The sheets are installed in such a way that thermal expansion is allowed for, and so there is no damage from screwing through.
The flaps are set at slightly inclined angles, allowing rainwater to drain off, thus preventing them from getting dirty.
The flaps have been subjected to a wide range of tests, e.g. for impact resistance, resistance to hail, acoustic characteristics, and many others.
The following flap variants are available:
- 16 mm thick polycarbonate multi-skin sheet
Colour: grey non-transparent, transparent or non-transparent
- 16 mm thick hail-resistant polycarbonate multi-skin sheet
- 32 mm thick polycarbonate multi-skin sheet
Colour: transparent or non-transparent
- Double-skin insulated aluminium flaps
Opening and closing the flaps:
The Apollo ATI flap ventilator is opened or closed either electrically or pneumatically by two drive units in each case.
The following flap drives are available:
- 24 V DC electric actuators
- Double action pneumatic cylinders
The drives are designed to exactly match the particular requirements of the project, which results in lower operating and cabling costs.
Opening and closing the side dampers:
The side dampers of the Apollo ATI ventilator are opened or closed either electrically or pneumatically by one drive unit in each case.
The following side damper drives are available:
- 24 V DC electric actuator
- Pneumatic cylinder with integrated spring / pressure reservoir
Thermal release (for pneumatic cylinders)
A thermal ventilation valve with a connected gas bottle and a thermo bulb ensures automatic release in the case of fire.
Different release temperatures (for example 68°C or 182°C) are possible.
Fail-safe controls (for pneumatic cylinders)
When the ventilator is closed, a pressure reservoir is also filled. This automatically opens the ventilator if the pressure drops.
At the same time the side dampers are closed in order to ensure optimum aerodynamic performance.
In accordance with EN 12101-2
- Wind load class: WL 1500
- Snow load class: Variable, up to 6500 N/m²
- Operating temperature: T(00) / T(-15)
- Resistance to heat: B300 – E
- Smoke ventilation: 1000 cycles
- Day-to-day ventilation +10000 cycles
Additional performance classes
- U value: Up to 1.69 W/m²K (when completely closed)
- Sound insulation:
- With aluminium flaps:
- When completely closed: 26.0 dB
- With open side dampers: 15.0 dB
- With polycarbonate flaps:
- When completely closed: 20.0 dB
- With open side dampers: 14.0 dB
- Fall-through protection: Fall-through proof over many years up to 1200 J to GS-BAU-18
- Resistance to hail and impacts has been tested