Natural flap ventilator designed for automatic smoke extraction, day-to-day ventilation and for daylight entry.
Certified according to EN 12101-2 and VdS-approved, Apollo is a natural smoke and heat extraction ventilator which is primarily used in industrial, commercial and municipal buildings.
It is manufactured completely from high quality components. Its principal component is corrosion-resistant aluminum. The unit has EPDM seals set into profiles which run horizontally right round the base, and which ensure low air permeability. This precludes the risk of the seals being ripped out when the ventilator opens.
Its high quality and low maintenance design makes it particularly energy-efficient.
Hinges are made of thick stainless steel specially developed for the ventilator. These ensure that the unit functions safely and correctly. The control channels are made from extruded aluminum. The rain channels are aerodynamic in shape.
Cost-effective, flexible and proven
The Apollo has many different applications due to its wide range of product variants. Apollo is available in thermally broken, insulated or single skin version. Its flaps can either be non-transparent or allow the entry of natural daylight.
Features and benefits
- Thermally broken, insulated or single skin version
- Very good performance classes according to EN 12101-2
- Classification to EN 1873 ("Rooflights of plastic")
- Low weight
- Suitable for any kind of installation
- Manufactured in accordance with the requirements of ISO 9001 (quality management standard)
- High volume smoke extract
- Can either illuminate or blackout the interior of the building
- Available up to a maximum width x length of 2500 x 3000 mm in mm increments
- Low installation costs
- A wide range of colours
- Unit width: from 1000 mm to 2500 mm (in mm increments)
- Unit length: from 1000 mm to 3000 mm (in mm increments)
Available in many different flange sizes and types which makes it easy to fix it onto curb and into most types of roofs and glazing systems.
Lightweight components reduce installation costs.
Either a single-skin base or a double-skin base with insulation or 100% thermally broken base available.
The Apollo ventilator flaps have either insulated aluminium panels or various kinds of polycarbonate multi-wall sheets and are clamped in frames made of extruded aluminium profiles. The sheets are installed in such a way that thermal expansion is allowed for, and so there is no damage from screws.
The flaps are set at slightly inclined angles, allowing rainwater to drain off, thus preventing them from getting dirty.
The flaps have been subjected to a wide range of tests, e.g. for impact resistance, resistance to hail, acoustic characteristics, and many others.
The following flap variants are available:
- 16 mm thick polycarbonate multi-skin sheet
Colour: grey non-transparent, transparent or non-transparent
- 16 mm thick hail-resistant polycarbonate multi-skin sheet
- 10 mm polycarbonate + 6 mm solid sheet
Colour: transparent or non-transparent
- 32 mm thick polycarbonate multi-skin sheet
Colour: transparent or non-transparent
- Double-skin insulated aluminium flaps
The Apollo flap ventilator is opened or closed either electrically or pneumatically by two drive units in each case.
The following drives are available:
- 24 V DC electric actuators
- 230 V AC electric actuators – These require much smaller cables compared to 24 V DC actuators. This greatly reduces cabling costs.
- Double action pneumatic cylinders
The drives are designed to exactly match the particular requirements of the project, which results in lower operating and cabling costs.
Thermal release (for pneumatic cylinders)
A thermal ventilation valve with a connected gas bottle and a thermo bulb ensures automatic release in the case of fire.
Different release temperatures (for example 68°C or 182°C) are possible.
Fail-safe controls (for pneumatic cylinders)
When the ventilator is closed, a pressure reservoir is also filled. This automatically opens the ventilator if the pressure drops.
In accordance with EN 12101-2
- Wind load class: WL 1500
- Snow load class: Variable, up to 6500 N/m²
- Operating temperature: T(00) / T(-15)
- Resistance to heat: B300 – E
- Smoke ventilation: 1000 cycles
- Day-to-day ventilation: +10000 cycles
In accordance with EN 1873
- Water tightness: Passed
- Resistance to upward loads: UL 1500 / UL 3000
- Resistance to downward loads: DL 3000
- Impact resistance against a small hard body: Passed
- Impact resistance against a large soft body: SB 600 / SB 1200
- Fire performance: Class E
- Air permeability: AP12
Additional performance classes
- U value: Up to 1.44 W/m²K
- Sound insulation:
- With aluminum flaps: 30.0 dB
- With polycarbonate flaps: 26.0 dB
- Air permeability at 50 Pa: 0.35 m³/hm²
- Fall-through protection: Fall-through proof over many years up to 1200 J to GS-BAU-18
- Resistance to hail and ball impacts has been tested