Natural flap ventilator. Designed for automatic smoke extraction, day-to-day ventilation and for daylight entry.
Certified according to EN 12101-2, Firelight Duo is a natural smoke and heat extract ventilator. Due to its outstanding performance, the Firelight Duo is particularly suitable for installation into glazing systems and wherever aesthetics and energy efficiency are of prime importance.
It is manufactured completely from high quality components. Its principal component is corrosion-resistant high quality aluminium.
The Firelight Duo is thermally separated. The three sealing levels are achieved by a total of five high-quality, all-round EPDM and TPE seals. There are two seals between the panel and the flaps, and the three other seals are installed in the frame and in the flaps. As a result there is very low air leakage and a low U value. Furthermore, the risk of condensation is reduced to a minimum.
The Firelight Duo is therefore ideally positioned for the future at a time when there are increasing demands for energy efficient buildings.
Tested according to window and door standards
To further underscore its claim to be a high-performance ventilator, the Firelight Duo has been subjected to the requirements of window and door standards.
- EN 12207: Air permeability
- EN 12208: Weather resistance
- EN 12210: Resistance to wind load
The Firelight Duo achieved the best performance classes.
Outstanding acoustic properties
Exacting acoustic requirements are also no problem for the Firelight Duo. The optional multi-layer aluminium panel provides acoustic insulation of up to 49 dB. This version has been specially developed for the extreme acoustic requirements as are found, for example, in theatres, cinemas or industrial premises.
Features and benefits
- Classified according to the requirements of the window and door standards EN 12207, EN 12208 and EN 12210
- Very good performance classes according to EN 12101-2
- Thermally broken as standard
- Five sealing levels
- Exceptionally good U values, air permeability & acoustic performance
- Well suited to every kind of installation scenario
- Manufactured in accordance with the requirements of ISO 9001 (quality management standard)
- High volume smoke extract
- Can either illuminate or blackout the interior of the building
- Available up to a maximum width x length of 2500 x 3000 mm (in mm increments)
- Robust design
- Low installation costs
- A wide range of colours
- Unit width: 1000 mm to 2500 mm (in mm increments)
- Unit length: 1000 mm to 3000 mm (in mm increments)
Available in many different sizes and base types which makes it easy to fix it onto curb or into most types of roofs and glazing systems.
Lightweight components reduce installation costs.
Thermally broken as standard.
One can choose between insulated aluminium panels, various polycarbonate multi-wall sheets, insulating glass or a special sound insulation filling for the Firelight Duo ventilator flaps.
The flaps have been subjected to a wide range of tests, e.g. for impact resistance, resistance to hail, acoustic characteristics, and many others.
The following flap variants are available:
- 16 mm - 50 mm thick polycarbonate multi-skin sheet
Colour: non-transparent grey*, transparent or non-transparent
- 28 mm - 50 mm thick insulating glass, up to 60 kg/m²
High-quality, durable insulating glass, G-value up to 0.54
- 16 mm - 50 mm thick double-skin aluminium panel up to 60 kg/m²
Very durable PUR panel infill with a density of 35 kg/m² - Lambda value 0.030 W/(mK)
- Sound insulation flap
Excellent acoustic properties (up to Rw = 49 dB attenuation)
*Not available for every thickness of polycarbonate
The Firelight Duo flap ventilator is opened or closed either electrically or pneumatically by two or four drive units in each case.
The following drives are available:
- 24 V DC electric actuators
- 230 V AC electric actuators – These require much smaller cables compared to 24 V DC actuators. This greatly reduces cabling costs.
- Double action pneumatic cylinders
Thermal release (for pneumatic cylinders)
A thermal ventilation valve with a connected gas bottle and a thermo bulb ensures automatic release in the case of fire.
Different release temperatures (for example 68°C or 141°C) are possible.
Fail-safe controls (for pneumatic cylinders)
When the ventilator is closed, a pressure reservoir is also filled. This automatically opens the ventilator if the pressure drops.
In accordance with EN 12101-2
- Wind load class: Variable, up to 9440 N/m²
- Snow load class: Variable, up to 6941 N/m²
- Operating temperature: T(-15)
- Resistance to heat: B300 – E
- Smoke ventilation: 1000 cycles;
- Day-to-day ventilation: +10000 cycles
Tested according to window and door standards
- EN 12207 – Air permeability: Class 4
- EN 12208 – Resistance to weather: Class 9A
- EN 12210 – Resistance to wind load: Class 5C
Additional performance classes
- U value: Up to 0.52 W/m²K
- Sound insulation:
- With an acoustically treated noise reduction flap: 49.0 dB
- With aluminium panel: up to 33.0 dB
- With insulating glass flaps: up to 32.0 dB
- With polycarbonate flaps: up to 22.0 dB
- Fall-through protection: Fall-through proof over the long term up to 1200 J to GS-BAU-18