Natural day-to-day and smoke ventilator. Permanent day-to-day ventilation, automatic smoke extraction and ventilation in case of fire.
Certified according to EN 12101-2, Firelight 3 is a natural smoke and heat extract ventilator. Its transparent lids make it especially suitable for installation into glazing systems such as glass façades, light streets, etc.
The Firelight 3 is used in all types of buildings. It is available in a variety of sizes, flap options and drive variants. The Firelight 3 has been tested according to EN 12101-2 and is CE marked as a NSHEV or as a window according to EN 14351-1.
Features and benefits
- Tested as a window in accordance with EN 14351-1
- Very good performance classes according to EN 12101-2
- Thermally broken version
- Very low Uw-value
- Suited to every kind of application
- Manufactured in accordance with the requirements of ISO 9001 (quality management standard)
- High volume smoke extract
- Illumination of the inside of the building
- Available up to a maximum width x length of 3000 mm x 2500 mm (in mm increments)
- Robust design
- Low installation costs
- A wide range of colours
Tested to and in compliance with EN 12101-2:2003 and EN 14351-1: 2006 and CE marked.
- Unit width: 600 mm to 3000 mm (in mm increments)
- Unit length: 600 mm to 2500 mm (in mm increments)
Fixing into glass is facilitated by the fact that there are many different sizes available.
Lightweight components reduce installation costs.
Thermally broken as standard.
Different flange types between 24 mm and 46 mm available.
The flap of the Firelight 3 ventilator is equipped either with insulated aluminium panels or different kinds of polycarbonate multi-wall sheets.
The units have been subjected to a wide range of tests, e.g. for wind load, snow load, impact resistance, resistance to rain, acoustic characteristics, and many others.
The following flap variants are available:
- Single or insulating glass with an infill thickness of from 10 mm to 50 mm – triple insulating glass is also available
- 32 mm thick double-skin aluminium panel – very durable polyurethane (PUR) panel infill with a density of 35 kg/m² – Lambda value 0.025 W/(mK)
- Polycarbonate multi-skin sheet – thickness depending on the requirements
Colour: transparent or opaque
It is also possible to use a customer-specific flap infill up to 50 mm thick.
The Firelight 3 is opened either electrically, pneumatically or manually by one or more actuators.
The following drives are available:
- 24 V DC electric linear actuators
- 24 V DC electric chain drive actuators
- 230 V AC electric actuators
- Double action pneumatic cylinders
- Manual controls
Thermal release (for pneumatic cylinders)
A thermal ventilation valve with a connected gas bottle and a thermo bulb ensures automatic release in the case of fire.
Different release temperatures (for example 68°C or 141°C) are possible.
Fail-safe controls (for pneumatic cylinders)
When the ventilator is opened, a pressure reservoir is filled in addition. This automatically opens the ventilator if the pressure drops.
In accordance with EN 12101-2
- Wind load class: Up to WL 9000
- Snow load class: Up to SL 7000
- Operating temperature: T(00) / T(-05) / T(-15) / T(-25); depending on the type of drive
- Resistance to heat: B300 – E
- Smoke ventilation: 1000 cycles
- Day-to-day ventilation: +10000 cycles
Tested according to window and door standards
- EN 12207 – Air permeability: Class 4
- EN 12208 – Resistance to weather: Class 9A
Additional performance classes
- Uw value: <1.0 W/m²K (depending on infill and size)
- Sound insulation: Up to 42.0 dB
- Fall-through protection: Fall-through proof to 300 J to GS-BAU-18