Natural smoke and extract ventilator used for natural day-to-day and smoke ventilation.
Kameleon 5E is used for day-to-day ventilation and smoke ventilation and has been tested according to EN 12101-2 and EN 14351-1.
Kameleon 5E can be used as a natural ventilator and for making use of daylight in office and administration buildings, factories and other commercial premises. In addition, these units can also be used for fire ventilation and smoke extraction from escape and rescue routes in the event of an emergency. They are designed for vertical installation into external walls made of glass and solid façades as well as into steel or wooden constructions.
Features and benefits
- Very good performance classes according to EN 12101-2
- Tested in accordance with EN 14351-1
- Suited to every kind of application
- Manufactured in accordance with the requirements of ISO 9001 (quality management standard)
- High volume smoke extract
- Illumination of the inside of the building
- Available up to a maximum width x length of 2570 x 2570 mm
- Low installation costs
- A wide range of colours
Tested to and in compliance with EN 12101-2:2003 and EN 14351-1: 2006 and CE marked.
The Kameleon 5E ventilator is manufactured from tough, corrosion-resistant extruded aluminium, EN AW-6063 grade alloy in accordance with EN 573-3, with rolled-in polyamide thermal breaks. There is an EPDM gasket between the flap and the base of the unit and middle sealing frames on the corners. The width of frame profile is 65 mm and the total depth of the frame is 75 mm. Thermal insulation with continuous, flush plastic strips made of 6.6 polyamide, 25% glass fibre sections and an end-face insert made of single-filament wire.
Externally tested to and in compliance with EN 12101-2 as a smoke ventilator and CE marked. Externally tested to EN 14351-1, guaranteeing its performance as a façade element. Manufactured under the ISO 9001 quality standard.
- Hinge at bottom, opens from above
- Hinge at top, opens from bottom
- Unit width: 470 mm to 2570 mm (in mm increments)
- Unit length: 470 mm to 2570 mm (in mm increments)
Depth of frame: 75 mm
- Larger frame flap: 98 mm wide (external dimension)
- Smaller frame flap: 73 mm wide (external dimension)
Flap infill materials
- Single, double or triple glazing
- With large frame flap: 8 mm to 58 mm thick
- With small frame flap: 20 mm to 30 mm thick
- Aluminium infill panel
The Kameleon 5E ventilator is opened or closed either electrically or pneumatically by one or two drive units in each case.
The following drives are available:
- 24 V DC electric actuators (different variants available)
- Two concealed double-acting pneumatic cylinders
- One double action pneumatic cylinder
Thermal release (for pneumatic cylinders)
A thermal ventilation valve with a connected gas bottle and a thermo bulb ensures automatic release in the case of fire.
Different release temperatures (for example 68°C or 93°C) are possible.
In accordance with EN 12101-2:
- Wind load class: up to WL 3000
- Operating temperature: T(00) / T(-15)
- Resistance to heat: B300 – E
- Smoke ventilation: 1000 cycles
- Day-to-day ventilation: +10000 cycles
In accordance with EN 14351-1:
- Air permeability: Class 4
- Resistance to driving rain: Class E1200
Additional performance classes
- Acoustic performance: up to 40.0 dB
- U value: up to 1.0 W/m²K