The automatic fire curtain prevents flames from spreading between two parts of a building. In case of fire, a fire curtain forms a temporary barrier that prevents the spread of fire and allows people to escape from the danger zone.
An automatic fire curtain prevents the flame from passing from one area to another. The automatic fire curtain has not only been tested according to multiple standards but has now a CE mark as well and offer protection over a predefined period of time.
The specially developed unwinding mechanism is built into the roller. It unrolls in a gravity fail safe manner without needing power (gravity fail safe).In addition to the DC motor with its planetary gears, this contains the controls electronics. These have inherent intelligence to regulate the speed of descent (max. 0.15 m/s), the locking unit, the synchronisation within multiple systems, the "HWD” intermediate position and other safety-related functions.
The automatic fire curtain is available with two different fire protection fabrics: a simple, lightweight glass filament fabric with a stabilising PU coating which meets the temperature resistance classes up to E180 and reduces radiation up to EW20. There is further also a fire curtain with reduction of radition up to EW30.
Headboxes are made of galvanized sheet steel with a closed construction to accommodate the rollers. The lateral roll or rod side guides provide the connection to the building structure. The weight profile ensures that the curtain closes reliably and stabilises the curtain when it is rolled down. Sliders are attached to the sides of the weight profile to assist with the closing process even if there are air currents. A sprung bottom bar made from extruded aluminium enables a homogeneous closure to the "invisible fire protection” headbox.
An automatic fire curtain is delivered in pre-fabricated modules and thus reduces installation time on site.
Features and benefits
- Tested in accordance with EN 1634-1
- Certified in accordance with EN 16034 & 13241
- Classified according to EN 13501-2
- Prevents the breakthrough of flames and spread of fire if there is a fire
- Protects human life and reduces fire damage
- Width for a single system 1500 mm to 4000 mm
- Width for multiple systems up to 9450 mm
- Standard drop up to 5500 mm
- Sprung bottom bar
- Installation into a suspended ceiling for "invisible” fire protection
- Colour polyester powder coating
- Fast and easy fixing
- A long lifespan
- Continuous 10000 life cycle test in accordance with DIN 4102-18
- The headbox can be opened for inspection from below over the entire length of the curtain
- Tested and certified to European Standard EN 16034 & 13241
- Furnace test to EN 1634-1
- Classified to EN 13501-2
- Fire resistance + integrity: E 180 C
- Radiation limitation EW 20 or EW30
- Reliability test to EN 16034 & 13241 with 500 cycles
- Reliability test to DIN 4102-18 with 10.000 cycles
- Manufactured to ISO 9001:2015
- Third party certification (A+) according to APF-1817 and APF-1818 certificates
The compact modular system of the automatic fire curtain offers a variety of installation options in the smallest of spaces with maximum areas of partitioning, thanks to the many different headbox variants with small dimensions.
The safe operation of an automatic fire curtain is assured: the unwinding mechanisms have different performance classes for all operating modes.
The unwinding mechanism is installed within the roller and contains, in addition to the high-quality DC motor with its planetary gears, a control board with its own intelligence for carrying out the essential safety-related functions:
- Control of speed
- Locking unit
- Monitoring of the “rest” position
- Synchronisation of multiple units
- “HWD” intermediate position when in gravity-fail-safe mode
- Adjustment of the bottom bar
- More than 10000 cycles by internal testing
In accordance with EN 16034 & 13241:
- Resistance tests to fire done for more than 240 minutes (to the standard time / temp curve)
- Classification in accordance with EN 13501-2: E 60 C / E 180 C1 / EW 30 C1
- Reliability test with 500 cycles
- Extra reliability test done to DIN 4102-18 with 10,000 cycles
- Self-closing durability: EN 14600, class C1