Fires in car parks are on the up
Make sure yours is maintained by Colt
Competency is crucial
In the last three years, the number of fires in car parks associated with apartments has increased. There have been several high profile fires in major car parks in Liverpool, Derby, Nottingham, Leicester, Newcastle and Thurrock. Any fire can be a dangerous and frightening experience. But a fire in a car park is even worse: often underground, with unnoticed or forgotten escape routes and unfamiliar layouts.
Smoke Control and Carbon Dioxide extraction systems within car parks, whether stand -alone or below apartments or office blocks, need to maintain a clear means of escape for users from thick smoke of a fire. They must also enable the fire brigade to get to the seat of the fire to tackle the blaze as quickly as possible to prevent loss of life or further damage.
Whatever smoke control system is in place, it is imperative that the system is maintained to the original Cause and Effect by a professional, certified, competent company like Colt under the RRO, even if they were not manufactured by Colt.
The benefits of a Colt Service Contract
- Our engineers are highly experienced and highly trained. And, where possible, we try to assign the same maintenance engineer to your site each time.
- We offer true nationwide coverage. We have engineers stationed in all parts of the UK.
- Our SmartServ Pro remote monitoring device can be fitted to your system to provide remote system control and maintenance, saving you time and money.
- Our average response time is 18 hours and in an emergency we aim to be with you in 4 hours.
- We operate a 24 hour, seven days a week call-out facility.
- We tailor our service packages to your building.
- We will arrange a programme of preventative maintenance, to keep your equipment working well and meet the requirements of the The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 (“RRO”). Find out more.
- We have a spare parts service that is both quick and efficient. Find out more.
- No matter who manufactured your system we can maintain and repair it.
- We can carry out environmental surveys on your building to help you cut energy costs and reduce your carbon footprint. Find out more.
- We provide full design support, should you wish to make alterations to your building or its function. Find out more.
Colt has the most comprehensive service contract on the market. We pioneered the science of smoke control back in the 1930s, so our knowledge and experience are unparalleled.
Your legal obligations
The legal implications of smoke control maintenance means cutting corners is never an option. Building occupiers have a legal duty to carry out a Fire Safety Risk Assessment every year.
We’ve got more highly qualified maintenance engineers, stationed in more locations up and down the country, than anyone else. This means that our coverage is truly nationwide, not patchy like some.
Fast response time
Our engineers are guaranteed to be with you within 24 hours. In an emergency, our average response time is 4 hours.
Whether built by Colt or another manufacturer, all types of systems can be expertly repaired, upgraded and maintained by our engineers.